Our Campus Partnerships team serves as liaisons with our U.S. partner colleges and universities. Each has extensive professional experience in education abroad and will work collaboratively with you to apply their expertise to supporting your education abroad mission and match one’s needs with our program offerings, assist with academic alignment, student outreach, DEI initiatives and all forms of partnership. We are happy to connect by phone, email or in person.
Working With TEAN
Transformed by his own student experiences abroad in Venezuela, Mexico, and Spain as a high school and undergraduate student, Mark has been dedicated to the education abroad profession for more than 24 years. Prior to joining WorldStrides in 2014, he served as Director of Education Abroad at the University North Carolina Wilmington for eight years and as Assistant Director of the Office of International Programs at Arizona State University for eight years before that. He also worked for the Institute for Study Abroad, both in the U.S. and Australia. Mark earned undergraduate degrees in International Studies and Spanish at Miami University and a M.Ed. in Higher Education Administration from Arizona State University. When not focused on education abroad program development, he likes to go off recipe and cook by the inspiration of quirky ingredient baskets. Like many others hailing from Cleveland, Ohio, Mark will always root for the underdog.
Before joining WorldStrides in 2017, Eric spent three years with Up with People as the Vice President for Admissions and was with GlobaLinks Learning Abroad for ten years as a Regional Director and then Director of Institutional Relations before that. Eric also lived in Coogee, Australia, for three years as the Operations Manager for the Olympic Youth Camp as part of the Sydney Organizing Committee for the Olympic Games. He has been a member of NAFSA for 15 years and the Forum since 2008. Eric has visited over 40 countries and all 50 states, but these days, he prefers spending free time at home in Colorado catching bugs and watching Moana over and over and over with his wife and two daughters.
A native Texan, born and raised, Aley developed a love for travel at a young age. Graduating from Texas A&M University with a degree in International Studies: Spanish Arts and Culture, Aley had the amazing opportunity to study abroad with Veritas in Cusco, Peru, for the Summer of 2016. Aley spent her mornings taking classes and afternoons doing mission work at an after-school program for young children. Her time in Cusco deepened her passion for culture and experiential learning. Aley loves Broadway musicals, whether seeing one live or singing along in her car. She also has a deep love for alpacas and considers them one of the world’s greatest creatures. Aley is excited to share her love of study abroad!
Melissa is grateful to have spent the past 20 years transforming students’ lives though international education. Her professional areas of expertise include developing strategic partnerships for international education, sexual health and sexual violence prevention, and excellence in diversity, equity, and inclusivity for education abroad. She is also the author of NAFSA’s Sexual Health Abroad: A Guide to Healthy Practices (2009 and 2016). Melissa has presented at state, regional, and national conferences, spoken for the IIE Whitaker Fellows Program as well as at several universities, and sits on the Rainbow SIG of NAFSA Advisory Board. She has undergraduate degrees in Spanish and creative writing and a master’s degree in communication studies. Melissa loves spending time with her family, who regularly fosters dogs and cats. She lives with her husband, Martin, and two sons in Charlotte, NC. Melissa and Martin love to support local businesses and build community by hosting a farmers’ market club at their home once a month. And, of course, they love to travel together and explore different places.
Zac has been professionally active in international higher education since 2004. Volunteering in an orphanage in Nairobi, Kenya when he was 16 allowed him to practice travel with a purpose and experiential learning. From this encounter, Zac concluded that properly reflecting upon his experiences was an integral part of the learning process. While earning a bachelor’s degree in history and political science from Colorado State University, he also studied abroad in Prague, the Czech Republic, and St. Petersburg, Russia. Upon his return, Zac worked as a peer study abroad advisor, and then became a full-time study abroad advisor after graduation. Based on his strong regard for reflection, he additionally co-founded Lessons From Abroad, Inc., an organization dedicated to helping students who have recently returned from study and internship abroad programs to articulate their experiences and communicate their program’s value academically, socially, and professionally. Zac has two master’s degrees and expects to receive his Ph.D. from the University of St. Andrews, Scotland this year. He has traveled to nearly 100 countries and all seven continents. He currently lives in Los Angeles, CA and is eager to see more students experience the world.
Originally from Wisconsin, Alex earned undergraduate degrees in Spanish and Community Health from St. Cloud State University in Minnesota. He first developed a passion for international travel and education during his undergrad after he went to Germany to visit a German exchange student friend from high school. Afterward, Alex decided to study in Granada, Spain for two semesters with WorldStrides! His love for study abroad and higher education led him to pursue his master’s degree in Higher Education Administration from St. Cloud State with hopes of helping more students travel the world and broaden their horizons. When Alex isn’t working or daydreaming about eating tapas in Spain, he enjoys running marathons, cheering for the Minnesota Vikings, playing his ukulele, re-reading Harry Potter books, and staying at home and watching The Office.
Director of Campus Partnerships - New England
A native of Austin, Texas and graduate of Emmanuel College in Boston, Zac has served international education since 2009, including University Relations Representative for ISA, Assistant Director of Study Away at Trinity College, and Assistant Director of Career Development at the University of Connecticut. While at Trinity, he received his M.A. in Public Policy and conducted extensive research on underserved populations in education abroad. A regular at NAFSA Region XI, BASAA, and other international education events, he enjoys engaging with our university partners on matters related to diversity, equity & inclusion, marketing and communications, technology, and more.
Colton has been a member of the International Education community for just shy of a decade. He has spent most of that time at the University of Idaho Education Abroad Office, coordinating 22 faculty-led programs each year and sending thousands of students abroad on their programs. He has presented at multiple professional conferences, including NAFSA, ACADA, and LFA—where he taught people how to use creativity as a tool in their professional lives. His international experiences have led him to 24 separate countries over five continents for a combination of work, study, and pleasure. Now, he has taken residence at WorldStrides and looks forward to being a part of their facilitation of student dreams. Exploring the world and expanding minds are his passions, and he’d love to help you do the same!
Growing up in a small town in Kentucky, Sarah always wanted to get involved in international education. She earned a B.A. in German Language, Literatures, and Cultures at the University of Kentucky. During her time at UK, she studied abroad outside of Munich, Germany, to improve her language skills and learn about the culture firsthand. Studying abroad not only improved her German but also gave her an appreciation for international cultures and people. She still talks with her host family, even years later. Helping students discover the same things for themselves is something that Sarah is excited to be involved with as part of the WorldStrides team. In her spare time, Sarah likes to write, cook, play video games, and spend time with friends.
While growing up, Snow spent every summer traveling around the United States, camping and visiting as many national parks as possible, which sparked her love of travel. A Florida native, Snow attended the University of South Florida (USF), where she earned a bachelor’s degree in cell and molecular biology and studied abroad twice—a full semester in Melbourne, Australia and a summer in Florence, Italy. She actually began working in international education right after her first study abroad trip, in the USF Education Abroad Office, and continued to work there for five years after graduation while also completing a master’s in business administration. Snow is a passionate advocate of study abroad for all students and loves helping them explore their possibilities. In her free time, she likes to hang out with her two guinea pigs, Muffin and Koala, and plan her future travel adventures.
Schedule a Visit
We visit hundreds of U.S. campuses each year promoting our programs, visiting with program alumni, and discussing education abroad issues with international educators and faculty. If you would like us to visit your campus, whether it is for an organized study abroad fair or just an independent visit, please contact your Regional Director.
We produce a number of materials that provide in-depth information about our programs and services. These include region and country brochures, internship guides, major specific flyers, and pre-departure and orientation guides for program participants. Please complete the Request for Information to receive marketing materials.Request Materials
Attend a Site Visit
We offer study abroad advisors and faculty the opportunity to visit our program sites to gain first-hand knowledge of both our university partners and our extensive on-the-ground support services. These guided educational tours are led our TEAN Resident Directors and include visits to our partner universities, inspections of our housing, city tours and cultural excursions. Please contact your Regional Director for more information on our next site visit.
Affiliation with TEAN
We distinguish ourselves from other international education organizations through our commitment to personalized attention and superior service for all students and university partners. For more than 20 years, we have been experts in the Asia Pacific region and have built the knowledge and expertise of our staff in both the U.S. and abroad. Our goal is to hone our expertise in Asia Pacific and choose the best university partners abroad – not to become the largest provider with the most programs. Here are some of the highlights of affiliation with TEAN.
Affiliate Benefits for Your Students
- Students from affiliated universities qualify for an automatic discount on semester, summer, and internship programs.
- Students from affiliate universities can apply for special affiliate-only need and merit based scholarships.
Affiliate Benefits for Your Institution
- Staff and Faculty Site Visits – TEAN offers study abroad advisors and faculty the opportunity to visit our program sites to gain first-hand knowledge of both our university partners and our extensive on-the-ground support services. These guided educational tours are led by TEAN Resident Directors staff and include visits with our partner universities, inspections of our housing, city tours and cultural excursions. Priority attendance on site visits is provided to our affiliates.
- Pre-departure Information Sessions – Our Regional Directors are available to conduct face-to-face pre-departure orientations on your campus for all TEAN applicants by request. If we can’t make it in person, we can arrange a webinar or Skype call to make sure all student questions are answered before they depart the U.S.
- Open House and Advisory Roundtable – We biennially invite our close affiliate university staff to attend a three-day Open House and Roundtable event hosted by TEAN in Chicago to engage our colleagues in informative and lively discussions regarding topics in the field and around the world. It’s a great opportunity to network with colleagues, provide advice and feedback on our organization and meet our exceptional staff.
- Partnership – We’re dedicated to helping international education offices achieve their goals through a close working relationship. We intentionally choose to collaborate with select partner institutions in order to provide the highest level of professional services.
The TEAN Difference
- Experienced and well-trained staff in the U.S. and abroad. Key members of our team have more than 15 years of experience in the field and all staff are thoroughly trained on our programs and visit our sites overseas regularly.
- A personalized partnership. We focus on partnering with U.S. institutions through personalized attention to the needs and goals of the study abroad office through Campus Relations staff.
- Geographic expertise. We offer geographical expertise in Asia Pacific including Australia, New Zealand, China, South Korea, Singapore, Thailand, Vietnam and Cambodia.
- Unparalleled support. We maintain an excellent student-to-staff ratio to ensure the best possible services to students and institutional partners.
- Dedicated on-site staff. Our on-site staff not only have years of industry knowledge, but and know all our students by name.
- Housing to fit every student. TEAN maintains our own housing inventory and we are personally responsible for coordinating all facets of the residential experience with housing options for all budgets and lifestyles.
- Preparation and orientation services. We provide the highest level of pre-departure preparation through written guides and an extensive series of personal contacts via campus visits, phone calls and email correspondence. As a result of our ability to offer personalized service, TEAN students arrive overseas well prepared for the rigors of life at an overseas university and ready to engage in the host country culture.
- Measured learning outcomes. Our intentional programming includes a number of strategic assessments administered before, during and after students’ international experience, to maximize student-learning outcomes.
- Meticulously selected international partners. We have worked diligently to identify and partner with the best international universities in diverse locations with a focus on cultural immersion, sensitivity to the needs to U.S. students and appreciation of diversity.
- High value. We strive to ensure that our programs continue to be the most comprehensive, price competitive and valuable around — a fact that our alumni regularly applaud.