Our Regional Directors serve as TEAN liaisons with our U.S. partner universities. Each has extensive professional experience in education abroad and will work collaboratively with you to match your needs with TEAN program offerings, either through our current program options, or by developing new custom programs which satisfy more specific needs or constraints. We are happy to connect by phone, email or in person.
Working With TEAN
Russ was involved with the first group of US study abroad students to come to Australia in the late 1980s. He studied abroad as a high school student for a year in Tyler, Texas and a semester at Georgetown University in Washington DC. Russ graduated from the University of New South Wales in Sydney, where he also became the Associate Director for Study Abroad. Russ joined the Study Australia team in 2000 and now directs the programs in Asia and is responsible for the educational design elements of our Australian/South Pacific programs. Russ is based in Chicago.
Molly was a Russian major at the University of Texas at Austin. She worked in lived in Russia and the former republics on and off from 1991-1997. After settling back in the US she began her career in the world of study abroad by joining AIU London (now Regents University) where she worked for ten years. In 2011, she expanded her knowledge of western Europe by joining SAI Programs. She has extensive knowledge about design programs and worked closely with universities developing curriculum integration for their students. She currently resides in Austin, Texas with her family and works on the TEAN campus relations team.
Nancy has been a TEAN Regional Director based in New England since 2006. She has lived abroad in Melbourne, Australia, and London, England and has traveled extensively on all continents with the exception of Antarctica. She has a bachelor’s degree from the University of New Hampshire and a master’s degree from Monash University in Melbourne, Australia.
Lily had her first international experience when she traveled to Reutlingen, Germany in high school on an exchange program. While completing her Bachelor of Arts at Temple University, she studied and interned abroad in London during the fall semester of her junior year. When she returned, she realized that she had grown a huge passion for promoting students to think and live globally, and started to pursue a career in the field of international education. Prior to joining TEAN, she had the opportunity to work in student services and institutional relations.
Josefina graduated from UC, Irvine with a BA in English and minor in Literary Journalism. Her first experience overseas was when she studied abroad in England for her third year of university. Upon her return, she wanted to help other students go abroad too, so she became a Peer Advisor at UCI’s Study Abroad Center. This is where her passion for International Education grew and she decided to pursue it as a career. Originally from San Diego, her journey led her all the way to Chicago to work for TEAN. She is excited to continue to help send students on amazing adventures abroad with the TEAN team.
Schedule a Visit
We visit hundreds of U.S. campuses each year promoting our programs, visiting with program alumni, and discussing education abroad issues with international educators and faculty. If you would like us to visit your campus, whether it is for an organized study abroad fair or just an independent visit, please contact your Regional Director.
We produce a number of materials that provide in-depth information about our programs and services. These include region and country brochures, internship guides, major specific flyers, and pre-departure and orientation guides for program participants. Please complete the Request for Information to receive marketing materials.Request Materials
Academic Discipline Fliers
Attend a Site Visit
We offer study abroad advisors and faculty the opportunity to visit our program sites to gain first-hand knowledge of both our university partners and our extensive on-the-ground support services. These guided educational tours are led our TEAN Resident Directors and include visits to our partner universities, inspections of our housing, city tours and cultural excursions. Please contact your Regional Director for more information on our next site visit.
Affiliation with TEAN
We distinguish ourselves from other international education organizations through our commitment to personalized attention and superior service for all students and university partners. For more than 20 years, we have been experts in the Asia Pacific region and have built the knowledge and expertise of our staff in both the U.S. and abroad. Our goal is to hone our expertise in Asia Pacific and choose the best university partners abroad – not to become the largest provider with the most programs. Here are some of the highlights of affiliation with TEAN.
Affiliate Benefits for Your Students
- Students from affiliated universities qualify for an automatic discount on semester, summer, and internship programs.
- Students from affiliate universities can apply for special affiliate-only need and merit based scholarships.
Affiliate Benefits for Your Institution
- Staff and Faculty Site Visits – TEAN offers study abroad advisors and faculty the opportunity to visit our program sites to gain first-hand knowledge of both our university partners and our extensive on-the-ground support services. These guided educational tours are led by TEAN Resident Directors staff and include visits with our partner universities, inspections of our housing, city tours and cultural excursions. Priority attendance on site visits is provided to our affiliates.
- Pre-departure Information Sessions – Our Regional Directors are available to conduct face-to-face pre-departure orientations on your campus for all TEAN applicants by request. If we can’t make it in person, we can arrange a webinar or Skype call to make sure all student questions are answered before they depart the U.S.
- Open House and Advisory Roundtable – We biennially invite our close affiliate university staff to attend a three-day Open House and Roundtable event hosted by TEAN in Chicago to engage our colleagues in informative and lively discussions regarding topics in the field and around the world. It’s a great opportunity to network with colleagues, provide advice and feedback on our organization and meet our exceptional staff.
- Partnership – We’re dedicated to helping international education offices achieve their goals through a close working relationship. We intentionally choose to collaborate with select partner institutions in order to provide the highest level of professional services.
The TEAN Difference
- Experienced and well-trained staff in the U.S. and abroad. Key members of our team have more than 15 years of experience in the field and all staff are thoroughly trained on our programs and visit our sites overseas regularly.
- A personalized partnership. We focus on partnering with U.S. institutions through personalized attention to the needs and goals of the study abroad office through Campus Relations staff.
- Geographic expertise. We offer geographical expertise in Asia Pacific including Australia, New Zealand, China, South Korea, Singapore, Thailand, Vietnam and Cambodia.
- Unparalleled support. We maintain an excellent student-to-staff ratio to ensure the best possible services to students and institutional partners.
- Dedicated on-site staff. Our on-site staff not only have years of industry knowledge, but and know all our students by name.
- Housing to fit every student. TEAN maintains our own housing inventory and we are personally responsible for coordinating all facets of the residential experience with housing options for all budgets and lifestyles.
- Preparation and orientation services. We provide the highest level of pre-departure preparation through written guides and an extensive series of personal contacts via campus visits, phone calls and email correspondence. As a result of our ability to offer personalized service, TEAN students arrive overseas well prepared for the rigors of life at an overseas university and ready to engage in the host country culture.
- Measured learning outcomes. Our intentional programming includes a number of strategic assessments administered before, during and after students’ international experience, to maximize student-learning outcomes.
- Meticulously selected international partners. We have worked diligently to identify and partner with the best international universities in diverse locations with a focus on cultural immersion, sensitivity to the needs to U.S. students and appreciation of diversity.
- High value. We strive to ensure that our programs continue to be the most comprehensive, price competitive and valuable around — a fact that our alumni regularly applaud.