Our Regional Directors serve as TEAN liaisons with our U.S. partner universities. Each has extensive professional experience in education abroad and will work collaboratively with you to match your needs with TEAN program offerings, either through our current program options, or by developing new custom programs which satisfy more specific needs or constraints. We are happy to connect by phone, email or in person.
Working With TEAN
Lily had her first international experience when she traveled to Reutlingen, Germany in high school on an exchange program. While completing her Bachelor of Arts at Temple University, she studied and interned abroad in London during the fall semester of her junior year. When she returned, she realized that she had grown a huge passion for promoting students to think and live globally, and started to pursue a career in the field of international education. Prior to joining TEAN, she had the opportunity to work in student services and institutional relations.
Melissa is grateful to have spent the past 20 years transforming students’ lives though international education. Her professional areas of expertise include developing strategic partnerships for international education, sexual health and sexual violence prevention, and excellence in diversity, equity, and inclusivity for education abroad. She is also the author of NAFSA’s Sexual Health Abroad: A Guide to Healthy Practices (2009 and 2016). Melissa has presented at state, regional, and national conferences, spoken for the IIE Whitaker Fellows Program as well as at several universities, and sits on the Rainbow SIG of NAFSA Advisory Board. She has undergraduate degrees in Spanish and creative writing and a master’s degree in communication studies. Melissa loves spending time with her family, who regularly fosters dogs and cats. She lives with her husband, Martin, and two sons in Charlotte, NC. Melissa and Martin love to support local businesses and build community by hosting a farmers’ market club at their home once a month. And, of course, they love to travel together and explore different places.
Nancy has been a TEAN Regional Director based in New England since 2006. She has lived abroad in Melbourne, Australia, and London, England and has traveled extensively on all continents with the exception of Antarctica. She has a bachelor’s degree from the University of New Hampshire and a master’s degree from Monash University in Melbourne, Australia.
Zac has been professionally active in international higher education since 2004. Volunteering in an orphanage in Nairobi, Kenya when he was 16 allowed him to practice travel with a purpose and experiential learning. From this encounter, Zac concluded that properly reflecting upon his experiences was an integral part of the learning process. While earning a bachelor’s degree in history and political science from Colorado State University, he also studied abroad in Prague, the Czech Republic, and St. Petersburg, Russia. Upon his return, Zac worked as a peer study abroad advisor, and then became a full-time study abroad advisor after graduation. Based on his strong regard for reflection, he additionally co-founded Lessons From Abroad, Inc., an organization dedicated to helping students who have recently returned from study and internship abroad programs to articulate their experiences and communicate their program’s value academically, socially, and professionally. Zac has two master’s degrees and expects to receive his Ph.D. from the University of St. Andrews, Scotland this year. He has traveled to nearly 100 countries and all seven continents. He currently lives in Los Angeles, CA and is eager to see more students experience the world.
Stephanie has worked in international education for five years. She discovered her passion for leading the next generation abroad when she spent two summers in Granada, Spain, where she became an assistant director to several groups of high school students and loved every minute of it. Stephanie is a graduate of The University of Texas at Austin, where she double majored in international relations and government and triple minored in business, Brazilian Portuguese, and Latin American studies. During college, she also studied abroad in Brazil for a year. Stephanie is always looking forward to guiding students toward their next adventure. She currently lives in Austin, TX along with her husband, who is originally from Venezuela, and their loud, Chihuahua/Miniature Pinscher, Taco.
Rory fell in love with studying abroad during an academic year in Athens, Greece, that was followed by month-long digs in Israel and Romania. After completing her BA in Ancient Art History from Sarah Lawrence College, she returned abroad to earn her MA in Greek & Roman Archaeology from the University of Newcastle in England. New degree in hand, Rory realized that her true passion lay in the field of education abroad. She has now been in the field for over 10 years and looks forward to continuing to help students achieve their study abroad dreams! Based in Brooklyn, NY, Rory spends her free time exploring NYC’s restaurants and coffee shops and planning her next trip.
Josefina graduated from UC, Irvine with a BA in English and minor in Literary Journalism. Her first experience overseas was when she studied abroad in England for her third year of university. Upon her return, she wanted to help other students go abroad too, so she became a Peer Advisor at UCI’s Study Abroad Center. This is where her passion for International Education grew and she decided to pursue it as a career. Originally from San Diego, her journey led her all the way to Chicago to work for TEAN. She is excited to continue to help send students on amazing adventures abroad with the TEAN team.
While growing up, Snow spent every summer traveling around the United States, camping and visiting as many national parks as possible, which sparked her love of travel. A Florida native, Snow attended the University of South Florida (USF), where she earned a bachelor’s degree in cell and molecular biology and studied abroad twice—a full semester in Melbourne, Australia and a summer in Florence, Italy. She actually began working in international education right after her first study abroad trip, in the USF Education Abroad Office, and continued to work there for five years after graduation while also completing a master’s in business administration. Snow is a passionate advocate of study abroad for all students and loves helping them explore their possibilities. In her free time, she likes to hang out with her two guinea pigs, Muffin and Koala, and plan her future travel adventures.
Schedule a Visit
We visit hundreds of U.S. campuses each year promoting our programs, visiting with program alumni, and discussing education abroad issues with international educators and faculty. If you would like us to visit your campus, whether it is for an organized study abroad fair or just an independent visit, please contact your Regional Director.
We produce a number of materials that provide in-depth information about our programs and services. These include region and country brochures, internship guides, major specific flyers, and pre-departure and orientation guides for program participants. Please complete the Request for Information to receive marketing materials.Request Materials
Attend a Site Visit
We offer study abroad advisors and faculty the opportunity to visit our program sites to gain first-hand knowledge of both our university partners and our extensive on-the-ground support services. These guided educational tours are led our TEAN Resident Directors and include visits to our partner universities, inspections of our housing, city tours and cultural excursions. Please contact your Regional Director for more information on our next site visit.
UPCOMING VIRTUAL Site Visit
Destination: Seoul and Busan, South Korea
Live Event: Friday, June 11 from 10 a.m. – 12 p.m. (CT)
ISA & TEAN invite you to virtually explore South Korea with us. All participants will be granted access to ISA and TEAN co-curricular resources on Schoology on Monday, June 7th. During the days leading up to the live session, participants will virtually tour South Korea via themed, interactive activities accompanied by videos our staff has produced to familiarize you with Korean culture. The event will conclude with a live Zoom session on Friday, June 11 from 10 a.m.–12 p.m. (CT) during which participants will meet and direct their questions to our on-site staff, members of our operations oversight and enrollment teams, and a few former students.
To join us for this complimentary event, complete this form no later than 12 p.m. (ET) on June 4.
Affiliation with TEAN
We distinguish ourselves from other international education organizations through our commitment to personalized attention and superior service for all students and university partners. For more than 20 years, we have been experts in the Asia Pacific region and have built the knowledge and expertise of our staff in both the U.S. and abroad. Our goal is to hone our expertise in Asia Pacific and choose the best university partners abroad – not to become the largest provider with the most programs. Here are some of the highlights of affiliation with TEAN.
Affiliate Benefits for Your Students
- Students from affiliated universities qualify for an automatic discount on semester, summer, and internship programs.
- Students from affiliate universities can apply for special affiliate-only need and merit based scholarships.
Affiliate Benefits for Your Institution
- Staff and Faculty Site Visits – TEAN offers study abroad advisors and faculty the opportunity to visit our program sites to gain first-hand knowledge of both our university partners and our extensive on-the-ground support services. These guided educational tours are led by TEAN Resident Directors staff and include visits with our partner universities, inspections of our housing, city tours and cultural excursions. Priority attendance on site visits is provided to our affiliates.
- Pre-departure Information Sessions – Our Regional Directors are available to conduct face-to-face pre-departure orientations on your campus for all TEAN applicants by request. If we can’t make it in person, we can arrange a webinar or Skype call to make sure all student questions are answered before they depart the U.S.
- Open House and Advisory Roundtable – We biennially invite our close affiliate university staff to attend a three-day Open House and Roundtable event hosted by TEAN in Chicago to engage our colleagues in informative and lively discussions regarding topics in the field and around the world. It’s a great opportunity to network with colleagues, provide advice and feedback on our organization and meet our exceptional staff.
- Partnership – We’re dedicated to helping international education offices achieve their goals through a close working relationship. We intentionally choose to collaborate with select partner institutions in order to provide the highest level of professional services.
The TEAN Difference
- Experienced and well-trained staff in the U.S. and abroad. Key members of our team have more than 15 years of experience in the field and all staff are thoroughly trained on our programs and visit our sites overseas regularly.
- A personalized partnership. We focus on partnering with U.S. institutions through personalized attention to the needs and goals of the study abroad office through Campus Relations staff.
- Geographic expertise. We offer geographical expertise in Asia Pacific including Australia, New Zealand, China, South Korea, Singapore, Thailand, Vietnam and Cambodia.
- Unparalleled support. We maintain an excellent student-to-staff ratio to ensure the best possible services to students and institutional partners.
- Dedicated on-site staff. Our on-site staff not only have years of industry knowledge, but and know all our students by name.
- Housing to fit every student. TEAN maintains our own housing inventory and we are personally responsible for coordinating all facets of the residential experience with housing options for all budgets and lifestyles.
- Preparation and orientation services. We provide the highest level of pre-departure preparation through written guides and an extensive series of personal contacts via campus visits, phone calls and email correspondence. As a result of our ability to offer personalized service, TEAN students arrive overseas well prepared for the rigors of life at an overseas university and ready to engage in the host country culture.
- Measured learning outcomes. Our intentional programming includes a number of strategic assessments administered before, during and after students’ international experience, to maximize student-learning outcomes.
- Meticulously selected international partners. We have worked diligently to identify and partner with the best international universities in diverse locations with a focus on cultural immersion, sensitivity to the needs to U.S. students and appreciation of diversity.
- High value. We strive to ensure that our programs continue to be the most comprehensive, price competitive and valuable around — a fact that our alumni regularly applaud.