The idea of traveling and studying abroad can be daunting, especially if you do not … Read more
Remote Winter Term Korea
Earn more credits this winter through a virtual international study experience by remotely enrolling in courses at either Korea University or Hanyang University during your Winter/J-Term. Complete 1-2 engaging classes taught by professors at these respected universities on your own schedule while also learning more about South Korea and Korean culture. Though online, the program is still fully supported by TEAN – we’ll guide you through the entire process, advising which courses are best for your major, helping you transfer credits to your home university, and more. You’ll even be able to participate in hosted virtual events for a more in-depth understanding of Korean culture.
Take advantage of a unique opportunity to fit in more academic credit this school year
Learn from international professors on your own schedule via recorded lectures
Participate in interactive virtual Korean culture activities organized by the university and TEAN, such as a K-pop dance lesson or singing contest
Get a taste of what it’s like to study in South Korea, putting you on the path of planning for a future trip or study abroad program
Earn credit and receive a transcript from a prestigious Korean university for a fraction of the cost of a standard in-person program (take one class with Hanyang University or up to two classes with Korean University)
While you may be studying abroad remotely, you are not alone. Our team still works with you throughout the entire process – from submitting your application and finding the best courses for your major, to assisting you with any questions or issues and helping you figure out how to transfer credits.Meet the Team
Experience more of Korean culture and interact with other students by participating in cultural events and activities organized by TEAN and your host university.
Academics - Korea University
About Korea University
- Established in 1905, Korea University is a member of the prestigious group of SKY universities in Korea, similar to the Ivy League in the U.S.
- Korea University is ranked 51st in the world for Social Sciences and Management based on the QS World University Rankings 2020.
- Korea University’s Business School is the first and only business school in the country to have acquired both the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB) and European Quality Improvement System (EQUIS) accreditation.
- A private institution, Korea University boasts a beautifully manicured campus with award-winning architecture that combines classic and modern styles and is considered to be one of the most attractive campuses in South Korea.
- Students take one class. Each class is worth 3 Korea University credits, which we recommend transferring as 3 U.S. credits. Special approval to take 2 classes can be requested. Contact us for more information.
- Up to 20 courses in the following areas are offered in English including: Business, Economics, Humanities, Fine Arts, Science, Politics, Korean Studies and Korean Language. You can view the list of courses online here.
- Courses are offered Monday through Friday.
Academics - Hanyang University
About Hanyang University
- Established in 1939, specifically as a university of technology, Hanyang University is one of the top private research institutions in South Korea.
- The university ranks 24th in the 2020 QS World University Rankings of the best universities in Asia and 150th in the world.
- While the university has expanded to offer a comprehensive range of courses, it is still known for its technological focus and was ranked 11th in Reuter’s 2019 Asia Pacific’s Most Innovative Universities
- Located in east Seoul, Hanyang University’s campus is easily accessible to the rest of the capital.
- The campus is similar to American university campuses, offering comparable student facilities and amenities.
Choose 1 course worth 3 Hanyang University credits (45 contact hours). Courses are recommended to transfer as 3 U.S. credits.
Digital Media Storytelling
AI and Finance in Practice
Communication Strategies and Tactics
Digital Consumer Behavior
Foundations on Data Science & Visualization
Python for Beginners
Engineering and Society
Microprocessor and IoT
Power Electronics I
Korean Language 1
Korean Language 2
Korean Language 3
Korean Food and Culture
Korean History & Culture
The Rise of the Korean Wave
Introduction to Criminology
Introduction to Psychology
- 2.5 GPA. Students with a slightly lower GPA should contact TEAN and may be admitted on a case-by-case basis.
- Enrolled at a two- or four-year institution at the time of participation.
- High school students and recent high school graduates may be admitted on a case-by-case basis.
Dates, Fees & Inclusions
TEAN has a rolling admissions process. Late applications may be considered. Contact TEAN if the application deadline has passed.
Korea University Program Dates 2021/2022
|Application Deadline||Nov 1|
|Program Starts||Dec 27|
|Program Ends||Jan 14|
Hanyang University Program Dates 2021/2022
This program is not being offered at Hanyang University for the upcoming winter term.
|Application Deadline||Nov 30|
|Program Starts||Early Jan|
Program Fees 2021/2022
- Full tuition (3 credits)
- Cultural events with TEAN and host university
- University and course selection advice
- Official academic transcripts from host institution
- Academic advising
- A truly one of a kind adventure!
What’s Not Included
You will be responsible for ensuring you have what you need to study remotely, such as a computer and reliable internet access.