2022 is the year to get back out there and explore the world! After a … Read more
Hit the ground in Ho Chi Minh City running with an immersive 1-day Orientation Program that includes moving into your home for the summer, a welcome dinner, summer overview and fun city tour.
Students will live with other TEAN students in new high-rise serviced apartments. Just 1.5 miles from campus, you can reach the school by a leisurely walk or quick bus ride. Along with comfortable rooms, the complex also boasts a pristine pool and several attached shops to make errands easy.
Our team works with you start to finish through the study abroad process. Our programs staff will help guide you through the application process to go abroad, then upon arrival in Vietnam, you will meet our team who will provide assistance during your time in-country. Throughout your semester you will meet with the Vietnam Resident Director for informal discussions and excursions. Our staff is readily available and able to assist you with any academic, social, or cultural questions or issues that you may face during your time abroad.
Get to know the city more with an included cultural event sometime during the summer. Possible excursions can range from a day trip to the unique Cu Chi Tunnels, sporting events like soccer or badminton, arts and handicraft workshops, cooking classes and more.
About RMIT University Vietnam
- Founded in Australia in 1887, the RMIT University is known as a global university of technology and design and was the first international university in Vietnam established in 2000.
- RMIT has a reputation for providing practical education, training and research. Programs are developed in consultation with industry to ensure graduates are employable.
- Learning outcomes and assessments for courses taught at RMIT’s Vietnam campus are academically equivalent to those of RMIT Melbourne.
- Students are taught by leading experts in their fields emphasizing international best practices, classroom learning experiences, self-directed and peer learning.
- This institution has some of the best facilities in Vietnam with a modern campus, green spaces, a state-of-the-art sport and recreation center and more making it similar to what students would find at a U.S. campus.
RMIT’s Saigon South campus is located in Ho Chi Minh City, approximately 4 miles from the city centre.View Map
RMIT Vietnam allows students to enroll in 1 course (12 RMIT credits) for the summer program, which usually transfers as 3 – 4 U.S. semester credits (4.5-6 quarter credits). The participant’s home university will determine ultimate credit approval and transfer. All classes are taught in English.
RMIT will confirm the available courses typically 3 months prior to the program start. Courses are subject to change.
Below are the previous courses that have been offered during the RMIT Summer Program.
Vietnamese Photography Studio: Ho Chi Minh City through the Lens
Ho Chi Minh City is a highly dynamic city undergoing rapid social, economic and technological change. Echoes of a colonial past collide with Asian-modernism, the symbols of globalization wrestle with the traditional and the local, and advanced technologies seamlessly integrate with traditional modes of communication and mobility. The result is a rich, diverse tableau of color and content for photographers. In this course, you will develop photographic ideas and skills by investigating the cultural, historical and aesthetic qualities of modern Ho Chi Minh City. Your knowledge and personal approach will be developed through active engagement with the city, including gallery visits, excursions and on-site projects. Reflection on the many aspects of your study experience will inform your own photographic collection, produced during your immersive time in Vietnam.
An Introduction to Contemporary Vietnamese Fine Art
Vietnam’s relatively recent emergence onto the international art scene reflects its rapid cultural, economic and technological change. The intersection of its rich and turbulent history with new international influences and a globalized art market has provided inspiration for a number of challenging and provocative artists. This Study Tour will direct your own learning by identifying and investigating the cultural, historical, and contemporary aspects and practice of contemporary Vietnamese art. Your knowledge and sensibility of art culture will be developed through site visits and ongoing reflection on your experiences. Both will be important in helping inform your own piece of creative work or visual diary, and further your understanding and interest in contemporary fine art.
To request syllabi for these courses, complete this form.
- 2.5 GPA.
- Minimum sophomore standing at a four-year institution at the time of participation.
- Freshmen and/or students attending a two-year institution may be considered on a case by case basis.
Dates, Fees & Inclusions
TEAN has a rolling admissions process. We recommend submitting your application anytime from January for Summer applications. Late applications may be considered. Contact TEAN if the application deadline has passed.
|Summer Deadline||March 1|
Your signed program contract and full payment for the program are due by the program deadline. Please note we do have options for using financial aid and enrolling in a payment plan if you cannot make full payment by the payment deadline. You can find more information about funding your program here
|Summer Payment Deadline||March 15|
Summer 2023 Dates
Summer 2023 dates are coming soon!
Summer 2023 Fees
Session A – Business, Communications, Design, Fashion, & Technology: $14,650
Session B – Fashion, Photography, Art & Business: $4,150
- Full tuition (1 course)
- Guaranteed pre-arranged, off-campus housing
- Wireless internet access in housing
- Overseas health insurance, plus evacuation and repatriation insurance
- Services of local Resident Director in Vietnam
- 1-Day Orientation Program
- 1 cultural event during the summer
- University and course selection advice
- Official academic transcripts from host institution
- Credit approval and transfer assistance
- Academic advising
- Help with student visa preparation
- Financial aid transfer planning
- Airport pickup and reception
- Arrival packet containing local information about host city and university
- Host university orientation
- A truly one of a kind adventure!
What’s Not Included
- International airfare ($1,200-1,800)
- Student visa ($65)
- Meals during the summer ($200)
- Travel insurance ($350)
*Numbers are estimated based on previous student experience and budget. Actual amounts will vary depending on student.
Apply for TEAN scholarships – starting at $1,000 – for the chance to receive money specifically for studying abroad. Each year we award thousands of dollars in need- and merit-based scholarships, diversity scholarships, a full ride scholarship and more. Visit our scholarships page for details!
From the Blog
Spend the summer studying one immersive course at the first international university in Vietnam while living in the country’s vibrant, multicultural heart of Ho Chi Minh City. An Australian institution, RMIT is known for its cutting-edge technology, science and design programs that provide plenty of practical training, research and hands-on practice. The modern Vietnam campus draws summer students particularly interested in art,, design and photography. Outside of class, you can discover the city that blends Chinese and French Colonial influences with contemporary Vietnamese culture while living with other TEAN students in sleek serviced apartments. Explore Ho Chi Minh’s incredible food scene, get to know your local peers and even travel further afield to the rest of Southeast Asia.
- All Categories:
- ISA/TEAN Discovery Model
- New Zealand
- South Korea