Studying abroad had always been a dream for me, especially to Korea. My best friend … Read more
Students will attend a one-day orientation run by our Seoul-based staff. An introductory tour around Seoul and welcome package will get students accustomed to their surroundings and our local support team.
Students will be housed together in a goshitel, or off-campus student residence. Each student will have their own private room with a bathroom and shared living and kitchen areas.
Our team works with you start to finish through the study abroad process. Our programs staff will help guide you through the application process to go abroad, then upon arrival in South Korea, you will meet our team who will provide assistance during your time in-country. Our staff is readily available and able to assist you with any academic, social, or cultural questions or issues that you may face during your time abroad.Meet the Team
Throughout the program, get a glimpse of Korean culture through activities planned by our TEAN team.
Established in 2017, Gen.G is the leading esports organization connecting the U.S. and Asia. Ranked #6 in the 2020 Forbes list of the world’s most valuable esports companies, Gen.G is the only major organization that owns and operates top teams in the world’s leading esports markets — China, South Korea, and the United States. Its unique portfolio of teams, winners of 7 global championships to date, includes the Seoul Dynasty franchise of the Overwatch League; 2014 & 2017 League of Legends world champion team in South Korea; the world’s top all-female Fortnite team, based in Los Angeles; the NBA 2K League’s historic expansion franchise in Shanghai; and top ranked teams in CSGO, PUBG, and Valorant.
The esports events will take place in Gen.G Global Academy building, Gen.G HQ, and a state-of-the-art PC cafe. A facility tour of the practice facility for Gen.G pro teams will be given, featuring streaming rooms, bootcamp rooms, and a premium lounge. The rest of the program will be spent out in the city, experiencing Korean culture and major sites, as well as esports events and activities. Take a virtual tour of Gen.G.View Map
- Esports Project Assignment:
- You will receive a project to run an esports event, which will all be recorded, edited, and published on Gen.G/ISA socials once complete
- You will be assigned to a “stakeholder” group along with a few GGA student volunteers to complete the project, and the teams will meet up separately via Zoom during the quarantine and then together as the esports project date nears
- Project Sync Up:
- Students will have time to meet with their GGA student volunteer counterparts and sync up on the project preparations
- GGA coaches will make a short appearance and help with any project preparations as well
- Esports Project Final Preparations:
- The GGA Building will be opened up to students the day before the esports project presentation (SCRIM event) to get everything ready for the showcase
- Esports Project Presentation (SCRIM Event):
- Students will handle all aspects of the final project
- A few staff members of Gen.G and/or GGA should be present to make final evaluations and give helpful feedback
- Highlights of final product will be published on Gen.G & ISA socials
Dates, Fees & Inclusions
TEAN has a rolling admissions process. We recommend submitting your application anytime from June for Spring applications, and from January for Fall applications. Late applications may be considered. Contact TEAN if the application deadline has passed.
|Summer Deadline||May 1|
Your signed program contract and full payment for the program are due by the program deadline. Please note we do have options for using financial aid and enrolling in a payment plan if you cannot make full payment by the payment deadline. You can find more information about funding your program here
|Summer Payment Deadline||May 15|
Summer 2022 Dates
|Arrival Date||July 1|
|TEAN Orientation||July 2|
|Program Ends||July 17|
Summer 2022 Fees
- Program fee with Gen.G
- Residential private housing
- Comprehensive overseas health insurance
- Services of local Resident Directors
- TEAN Arrival Orientation Program
- A Cultural Excursion in Seoul
- Travel arrangements and advice
- Airport pickup and reception
- Pre-departure planning sessions and assistance from U.S.-based TEAN staff (including pre-departure guide for students and immigration/visa assistance)
- A truly one-of-a-kind adventure!
What’s Not Included
- International airfare ($1,500)
- Personal expenses ($750-1,000)
- Meals ($700-1,000)
- Airport transfer at end of program ($10 for public transportation or $60-80 for taxi)
- Travel insurance ($350)
We Love Seoul
Student Service Manager - Seoul
A visit to the breathtaking Changdeokgung Palace and its Secret Garden is a great way to spend an afternoon. Make sure to reserve your spot on a guided tour – there are several options in English – and you’ll leave with a wealth of historical knowledge and some beautiful photos!
From the Blog
Become fully immersed in Korea’s esports scene and receive expert instruction from professional esports players and coaches. This two-week program partners with Gen.G, a leading esports organization, to provide an inside look into the esports industry in Korea. Learn techniques for League of Legends, Fortnite, NBA 2K, CSGO, PUBG, and Valorant and participate in an industry project to show off your skills.
Become fully immersed in Korea’s esports scene and receive expert instruction from professional players and coaches. This two-week program partners with Gen.G, a leading esports organization, to provide an inside look into the esports industry in Korea. Learn techniques for League of Legends, Fortnite, NBA 2K, CSGO, PUBG, and Valorant and participate in an industry project to show off your skills. Participants can add this program onto any of our summer programs in Seoul.
- All Categories:
- ISA/TEAN Discovery Model
- New Zealand
- South Korea